Real Name: Unrevealed
Science (History) Mastery
Absorption 6 (Light-based attacks only)
Immunity 10 (Afflictions)
Life Support 4
Regeneration 10 (Only when exposed to light)
Additional Sense ["True Sight"]
- Connections: The One, Paragon.
- His postcognition is linked to his light creation powers. He shines his light forth upon any place and creates semisolid objects and mobile light creatures re-enact the scenes that were played where the facts have occurred. The 'Affect Incorporeal' effect applies when his light is shone forth.
- Motivation: Lantern lives and breathes to solve the world's mysteries. His focus vary from cracking the puzzles of the natural world or the unraveling the enigmas of the human heart and mind, but whatever his obsession, ignoring a riddle requires great effort (The expression curiosity killed the cat comes to mind).
- Enemy: Ultiman, Babel, Siobhan 6, Maiden Japan
- His postcognition works only where the fact has occurred.
- His regeneration only works when in presence of light.
- Personal: He's a being of solid, cohesive light. His alternate form is permanent, and he cannot transform himself into light, only generate it. Also, he doesn't have the invulnerability power associated to Alternate Form characters.
His powers work on a principle of photo metabolism – his body’s cells work use photons as an energy source. This allows him to project light ranging from a damaging light blast to a blinding flash that creates light in a given area. His body also acts as a solar battery – when he is in sunlight he has almost limitless energy reserves. He is also able to recover from fatal wounds if his body is exposed to sunlight. Fortunately this can be artificially duplicated; the sun isn’t necessary to activate his advanced metabolic processes. Light-based attacks don’t seem to affect his as much either (in fact, they heal him!).
Lantern neither ages nor is affected by disease. He is the world most powerful postcog.
As the bringer of light, he can know the peculiar energy signature of each time period, knowing what day it is at any moment. Also, he can detect waves of energy, detect lies (spotting a liar in the crowd), can see anything invisible and can ignore illusions.
His light control power also grants his resistance to light and blindness, and has a mild hypnotic power. It also allows his to send out waves of bright light, defeating darkness.
(A character created based on a concept seen on Stormwatch stories from Warren Ellis. Converted characters, most of the times, unavoidably exceeds the 45-point limitation that the ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game core book recommends).